Thursday, September 22, 2016

Funds + Research = Cures

If you'll recall, last summer, I had the honor of informing a research doctor in Seattle that the Georgia and the Peachy Keens Hero Fund had funded her study on relapsed ALL. That was a such a good day! And again, it couldn't have been possible without your generous support and donations.

Recently, we received a report from St. Baldrick's and an email from Dr. Summers herself updating us on her progress and plans for the future. It is quite something to be able to see exactly where all of our dollars and hard work are going and to see that Dr. Summers is already answering questions and making a difference for children facing this diagnosis. Here's my favorite part of her email:

I have a picture of Georgia posted at my desk and use it as a reminder of how lucky I am to have the opportunity to care for pediatric patients like her.  It's also a constant motivator as I continue to push my research project forward in Georgia’s honor.  

Wonderful! Thank you, Dr. Summers, for keeping Georgia, and all kids in the fight, on your mind. And thank you, St. Baldrick's, for giving us a way to be part of the science, part of the hope, and ultimately, part of the cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment