Friday, February 18, 2011

What's That Buzzing Sound?

Here we go again! After an amazing event last year - with a team full of bald Peachy Keens! - we're back at St. Baldrick's to volunteer our time and talents ... and raise money to CONQUER kids' cancer! I was instructed by my boss (G.L. Moore) not to shave my head but to pitch in at the event instead - with her by my side. I do what my boss tells me, so we invite everyone to join us at Dell Children's on March 19th for a big ol' head-shaving party! And, by all means, if any of you want to Be Brave and Get Bald for a great cause, let us know!

Through our own journey this year, we've learned that research for childhood cancers - including for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia - is woefully underfunded, so supporting the efforts of the Children's Oncology Group and other research organizations is critical to improving treatment protocols and cure rates for our littlest warriors.

The St. Baldrick's Foundation funds more childhood cancer research grants than any other organization except the U.S. government, so your generous donation will not only benefit our girl, but all kids in the fight against childhood cancers, now and in the future. If you'd like to give, click on the yellow Hope button in the sidebar, and it will take you to our fundraising page. Thanks, y'all, and LET'S CONQUER!

1 comment: