Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mail Call

As the Honored Hero for our area's Pennies for Patients campaign, Georgia's story has spread to schools far and wide. Last week, she received over 100 letters from Connally Intermediate in Waco, wishing her well, sending her love, and making her laugh. She has enjoyed reading and re-reading all of them, and we wanted to share a few of our favorite quotes. It's so wonderful to see that these kids "get it" and have put their all into helping fight blood cancers. We could all learn a lot from them! Thanks, kids!

  • I hear you're not feeling well. I wrote this letter to make you smile.

  • You are a great person in my eyes. I'm going door to door just for you.

  • I always try to raise as much money as I can because no one should have to have any kind of cancer. I hope someday we find a cure.

  • Don't let this stop you.

  • I have heard that you have leukemia. But there is nothing wrong with that, you are still like us.

  • We hope you get rid of that leukemia.

  • I hope that they find a cure for you and anyone else who has leukemia. Always have faith in yourself no matter what. And always have hope, too.

  • Everybody in my school is talking about you. Not in a mean way, in a nice way.

  • I love it that you stand up and do things even though you have leukemia.

  • We are trying very hard to help you and all people who have cancer or leukemia.

  • We are all raising a lot of money for research. We will also be watching out for you.

  • One day, you might help the world. Keep up the good work.

  • You don't have to say thank you because I'm pretty sure you would do the same thing.

  • I am proud of you and all the other kids fighting cancer. You are very inspiring to me and my friends. Keep fighting and don't give up.

  • Hope you get better, I know you will and I will pray for you and raise money so you can.

  • I think it's horrible that you have leukemia. But it is great that you want to help more people by raising money.

  • I want to be like you.

  • Sorry that I write pretty bad. It's just in my family.

2 comments:

  1. these are so great. i want to be like georgia too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great and oh so true! We all want to be like you! Love you so much!
    Romy

    ReplyDelete