Friday, September 13, 2013

Lucky

Well, even though the calendar says Friday the 13th, we've had a lucky day around Peachy Keen HQ! For starters, Georgia recently auditioned for her first school play, and she found out today that she made the cast! The parts will be decided after Monday's first read-through, but her theatre teacher thought Georgia did very well in the audition, especially for her first one ever, and she was very glad that she tried out. Another thespian in our midst? We'll see ...

Meanwhile, in my classroom, Ivy and the other kiddos surprised me with a belated celebration of my summer birthday. The whole idea was so far off my radar, I didn't even notice Ivy making the card and getting all the children to sign it! They brought me lunch, beautiful flowers, and chocolate - not too shabby!


And then, the best present of all, we got home to find a box from Votre Vu on the porch:

The back of the card says: "Brave, bright, and beautiful. 
My daughter is a warrior. My daughter is my hero."

If you order a special edition gold lipstick this month, you will receive one of six cards featuring a childhood cancer fighter, and $1 from each lipstick or other product purchased from the French Accents line will go to the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research. The 46 Mommas so appreciate this effort from Votre Vu, and we're grateful for yet another way to get the word out that kids get cancer, too, and they need our support. These lipsticks are a special release for September, hence the GOLD packaging for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, so order yours today! And have a great weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment