Sunday, April 10, 2016

Full Circle

Happy April! We're closing in on the last six weeks of the school year, and then we'll have a JUNIOR and a 7th grader on our hands! A very tall 7th grader, by the way, who grew four inches over the last year! I'm going to be the shorty of the family in no time!

We spent today at the University of Texas for a St. Baldrick's event, and I was honored to be asked to speak about our experience. It occurred to me that back when I was a student at UT a million years ago, I could have never imagined being there now, talking about childhood cancer - and certainly not about my own child having cancer. But we've chosen to find and focus on the positive every day throughout Georgia's journey, and I hope I conveyed that by being involved in events like these, we are all making a difference for kids fighting cancer. We met another family who shared their story as well, and it was a very familiar one. Lance is in treatment right now for ALL, and Dr. Neff is his doctor. We hope that he continues to have the same success that Georgia had and that he enjoys playing tricks on the good doctor as much as she did. : )

We're so grateful to be where we are and to be able to give hope to other families still in the thick of it. And getting to watch brave folks go bald and raise nearly $100K for research on top of that? Not a bad way to spend a Sunday.

Hook 'em Horns!

Happy National Siblings Day!


Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment