Saturday, March 12, 2016

The Pen Is ...

Well, that luck o' the Irish appears to be continuing as Georgia and I both got some great news this week. Our esteemed poet has been accepted to the Sewanee Young Writers' Conference - one of only nine kids! - and will be spending two weeks this summer writing beautiful verse at the University of the South! I'd say she's just a wee bit excited ...


As for me, I was selected for the Austin cast of Listen to Your Mother, which is a celebration of motherhood in the form of original readings performed live by their authors. I'll be sharing a piece I wrote about Georgia's journey, and a portion of the show's ticket sales will benefit a local non-profit, SafePlace. I have some Momma friends who were in the show in their cities, and I'm looking forward to raising more awareness and meeting some creative folks. Check out the videos online - inspiring!

We're off to Boston tomorrow - for more Irish traditions and history lessons - and will get to spend some time with my Rhode Island Momma, Bekah, and her family. It's the girls' first time on a plane in a few years, and they can't wait to see the hotel, but I think they'll find the city to be pretty cool, too. : ) Have a great week, y'all, and we'll back in time to wish you a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment