Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Momma Strong

Today is the one year anniversary of the Boston Marathon tragedy, and I found this on the Boston Strong Facebook page:  


 "The road to recovery is a marathon, not a sprint. A year is just a mile marker, not the finish line."

I think that really speaks to survivors of all kinds, everywhere. And it makes me even more excited to be going to Boston myself this summer for the 5th national 46 Mommas Shave for the Brave. That city is full of history, and we're hoping to make some of our own as we continue our quest to conquer childhood cancer! The recent world record set by a St. Baldrick's barber on The Today Show last week certainly established a "Momma presence" in the Northeast as the first and last shavees of the day were fellow 46 Mommas. Now we're set to take over the city on July 27th, just days after my 46th birthday. I can't think of a better way to celebrate, and I would love the best gift of all - your support in funding life-saving research. Click HERE or on the Momma button in the sidebar to donate. Thanks, y'all - and stay MOMMA Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment